Welcome! Log In Create A New Account

Advanced

Application timing of SeaCrop

Posted by Chris Vlitas 
Application timing of SeaCrop
May 30, 2017 03:32PM
The "mould growing in my fermented plant extracts" reminded me that I had a conversation with Mr. Zeigler, one of the minds behind Ambrosia Technology, about applying SeaCrop. He asked how I planned to use it and what I was applying at present. He expressed reservations about combining SeaCrop with neem and karanja oils. In his mind the oils would impede, to an extent, plant access to the minerals in solution. When asked about when should one apply, he said half way between your normal spray regime applications, and by itself.

Mr. Zeigler has a copy of one of Michael's books, can not remember which one, it was given to him by his son. I asked if I could post this info and he gave me permission. He also invited Michael to call him for more in depth scientific explanation of what he thinks is a possible issue, he was vague on how less effective the product would be, but he was sure at the time of the call it would be better to spray it alone. That call would have taken place some time in early April as I was sourcing my sprays for the season.

Anyone else with this in the mix doing a separate spray?

Lakes Region NH @ 1200' or so
5a?

393 planted towards a 440 goal mixed apple, pear, plum and apricot...
Re: Application timing of SeaCrop
May 30, 2017 11:19PM
Very interesting question, what about adding Seacrop to the plant tea spray instead? Until my bigger sprayer comes in, I'm burdened with many refills in a small sprayer, takes all day to do my orchard. Combining the Seacrop would be so much more efficient.

VistaRidge orchard, Quilcene, WA zone 8a est. 2012
235 Cider and heritage apple trees, 72 varieties,
May 31, 2017 07:52AM
What's interesting is to consider microbe-mediated foliar feeding versus the stomata slurp point of view. I picture that leaf surface with its wildly-textured cuticle when I spray, how fatty acids help hold other ingredients to the surface as microbes and nutrients alike settle into cell crevices and waxy nooks. Some nutrients are directly absorbed (see Mycorrhizal Planet) but others are taken up by the arboreal food web and in turn delivered later. Yes, mineralization and assimilation occur on the plant surface just as happens in the soil. Endophytic fungi play a role in the "bark zone" much like their symbiotic cousins in the soil. This big shift in thinking reflects that Nature works in far deeper ways than our long held assumptions.

And I agree with Karen . . . who needs yet another turn on the sprayer! I'll be happy to talk to Mr. Zeigler (eventually) but for now I will continue to add trace minerals and fermented plant extracts to the core holistic recipe. This has trial potential, obviously, and I encourage others to do split SeaCrop apps. We only learn if we observe for ourselves.

Lost Nation Orchard
Zone 4b in New Hampshire

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2017 08:36AM by Michael Phillips.
June 11, 2017 08:16PM

I will continue to add trace minerals and fermented plant extracts to the core holistic recipe.

Can you share a titration and frequency? Are you limiting it to just spring sprays? Thank you.

Lakes Region NH @ 1200' or so
5a?

393 planted towards a 440 goal mixed apple, pear, plum and apricot...
February 25, 2018 07:55PM
Hi Chris,

2nd, 3rd and 4th cover sprays for the SeaCrop (Sea Minerals) addition. It is used in addition to the herbal teas and the core holistic recipe . . . combined and sprayed altogether.

Gopher Hill Apples
Zone 8 in California
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login