MicoGrow soluble added to holistic spray?
December 03, 2019 09:22PM
I just found this product, a company local to me called Fungi Perfecti. I'm thinking about adding to my spray program next spring. From their website:

MycoGrow® Soluble contains 19 species of endo- and ectomycorrhizal fungi, a select blend of beneficial bacteria, 2 disease suppression organisms along with soluble kelp, humic acids and vitamin B1. This formula is designed to help promote fast plant and root growth by increasing nutrient and water uptake. MycoGrowSoluble comes in a powder form (freeze dried spore mass) and has ~30,000 endomycorrhizal propagules per pound and ~1.1 billion ectomycorrhizal spores per pound.

I am not a scientist, I rely on all you great holistic growers and my own orchard intuition to learn and grow with our trees. Here are the specifics:

Endomycorrhizal fungi
Glomus intraradices, Glomus mosseae, Glomus aggregatum, Glomus etunicatum, Glomus deserticola, Glomus monosporum, Glomus clarum, Paraglomus brasilianum, Gigaspora margarita

Ectomycorrhizal fungi
Rhizopogon villosulus, Rhizopogon luteolus, Rhizopogon amylopogon, Rhizopogon fulvigleba, Pisolithus tinctorius, Suillus granulatus, Laccaria bicolor, Laccaria laccata, Scleroderma cepa, Scleroderma citrinum

Disease Suppression Organisms
Trichoderma koningii, Trichoderma harzianum

Beneficial Bacteria
Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus azotoformans, Bacillus megaterium, Bacillus coagulans, Bacillus pumilus, Bacillus thuringiensis, Paenibacillus polymyxa, Paenibacillus durum, Azobacter chroococcum, Pseudomonas aureofaciens, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Saccharomyces cerevisiae

I've queried the company on foliar application rates for orchard trees and costs but no response yet. Opinions?

Vista Ridge Orchard
Zone 8a in Washington
235 Cider and heritage apple trees, 72 varieties,
Re: MicoGrow soluble added to holistic spray?
December 04, 2019 01:42PM
Mycorrhizal fungal spores are for soil application, Karen, not foliar surfaces. These are fungi that work with plant roots in the soil. The same is mostly true for Trichoderma. I'll agree that some of those beneficial bacteria strains will hold arboreal sway . . . but you don't want to be paying for premium mycorrhizal inoculum to get such into a foliar application.

Lost Nation Orchard
Zone 4b in New Hampshire
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login