Welcome! Log In Create A New Account

Advanced

Drum options for pure neem oil

Posted by James Smith 
Drum options for pure neem oil
April 12, 2021 04:30AM
So what is everyone using to get neem out of a barrel? Local feed store has a hand lever pump. Amazon has more options, including rotary. U-line has a variety of pumps, and faucets. Now that seems interesting. For less than $5 I could tip the barrel on its side and dispense into smaller pails for storage. Intriguing as it is not only inexpensive, but no worries about the pump handling the viscosity of neem, of which I have yet to experience.

Washington Okanogan Valley
Zone 6b

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2021 04:29PM by Michael Phillips.
Re: barrel pumps
April 12, 2021 03:42PM
ULine also has barrel heaters to wrap: two types.
I dont buy as much as a barrel only gal jugs, but MP recommends decanting large quantity to batch sizes at beginning of season when you can get the barrel emptied by warming it inside a heated space.

Old 99 Farm and permaculture site
Dundas ON 5b
Re: barrel pumps
April 12, 2021 04:09PM
Thanks for your reply Ian. I'm not too concerned about warming, it is sitting in an unheated garage at present, but it is not freezing. When I have the means and storage buckets ready I figure I can warm the drum but setting it out in the sun during the day, and then put it back into the garage at night. It is on a pallet, so I plan to nail a few boards to it to make a 'room' about the drum and put plastic on it. At night a small space heater would keep that warm. Then I will empty the drum into buckets and store them until needed.
Re: Drum options for pure neem oil
June 26, 2021 08:25AM
I had forgotten about this thread. To bring it to a closure I found a pneumatic pump for less than $100 at Harbor Freight that did a stellar job.

[www.harborfreight.com]

Washington Okanogan Valley
Zone 6b
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login