Welcome! Log In Create A New Account

Advanced

search feature

Posted by Michael Phillips 
search feature
August 07, 2012 02:50PM
Up there . . . in the right corner just below the navigation bar . . . could it be? Yes, it's Super Search Man!

The search engine feature within phorum is excellent. Go ahead. Try it. May I suggest 'apple maggot fly' for a first course? (As we don't have all that much orchard conversation going as yet.) It truly finds the subtlest use of the chosen term as well as the obvious titled threads.

This tool is premium for working hand-in-hand with whatever logic we achieve in the category index for various folders. And best of all, the search box appears to show on every page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2012 03:41PM by Michael Phillips.
Re: search feature
August 17, 2012 07:14AM
We tried the search feature a week ago - typed in "Surround", and it worked.

When we just typed in "apple maggot fly" as suggested, it found no search results. However on a second attempt, as soon as we typed in the "a " for apple, a drop down box appeared with "apple maggot fly" - by clicking on this, the search worked and found the relevant posts. On the third attempt, when we typed in "apple maggot fly" in full and ignored the drop down box, again there were no search results.
Re: search feature
August 23, 2012 08:13PM
I type in "apple maggot fly" and get five finds from throughout the site . . . including your message above. I suspect your attempt simply fell short that first time. The search feature at Phorum appears to be powerful and rarin' to go.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login