varietal fun
February 24, 2013 12:41PM
There are a few other fruit types I thought we may all want to talk about. Grapes for instance could use its own category (it is a major part of our fruit production here). Since I am sure folks will also chime in with some non mainstream species as well, maybe just a catchall category like "other fruits". Also, I am going to try and add a bunch of info to the fruit pages, alot gleaned for our website. It would be nice if the rest of us made a contribution as well. C'mon, it'll be fun..

Walden Heights Nursery & Orchard
Zone 3 in Vermont

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2013 08:37PM by Michael Phillips.
Re: varietal fun
February 24, 2013 08:54PM
You got your Grapes and Other Fruits categories, Todd. I like the overview you're doing in introducing a variety. The richness here will be others chiming in with observations on a given variety from different bioregions. We're not able to alphabetize the listings for each fruit category, at least to my knowledge. Paul helps moderate this area of the forum so perhaps together we might figure that out.

Growers need to feel free here in reporting in: This isn't formal or forever, just a great way to accumulate direct experience on the same page. Think of these as varietal notes that someday one of us might further shape into kickbutt wiki summaries. Just jotting down what you've experienced with a particular variety will be great!

Lost Nation Orchard
Zone 4b in New Hampshire
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login