Welcome! Log In Create A New Account

Advanced

Know Your Roots - Ecosystem Insights

Posted by Mike Biltonen 
Know Your Roots - Ecosystem Insights
January 30, 2016 01:01PM
Hi,

I wanted to let everyone know that I've got a "new" newsletter going called Ecosystem Insights. It's the outreach publication of our (me and my wife's) company called Know Your Roots. I do orchards, she does herbal. This newsletter is strictly orchards, though I will incorporate a lot of holistic-herbal (go figure) practices and advice into my writing and opinions. I've learned much from Debbie and how plants can not only feed the human soul, but the soul of the tree. I won't even get into how much I've learned from Michael Phillips and everyone on this site, so the information I've used to arrive at my advice and opinions is hardly original....except that it is mine. What is original and very personal is that I borrow from my 30+ years growing fruit commercially, add it to what I've learned (am learning) here and elsewhere, and put my own spin on orchard management. This newsletter is not designed to replace or supplant this forum (hardly), it is designed to augment these conversations. It is soapbox that I use to spout opinions, as well as give advice and recommendations to growers of all levels. And yes I am trying to gather more consulting business, but mostly I am just spreading the word. There will also be specific e-mailings for clients -- outside of the newsletter -- so if you're interested in the those, please let me know. For now, the newsletter is free, so I encourage anyone that's interested in subscribing to email me directly or go to our web site and send us an e-mail request. If and when I decide to charge for it, you'll be duly alerted well ahead of time. Thanks for listening. Mike Biltonen, mike@knowyouroots.com

Mike Biltonen, Know Your Roots
Zone 5b in New York
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login