Welcome! Log In Create A New Account

Advanced

hostels in istanbul

Posted by Michael Phillips 
hostels in istanbul
January 01, 2013 09:17AM
Just wanted to give a shout for the Just Talk feature of our forum. You can discuss most anything here. This is intended to help people "relax" into making a first foray in the forum when you're not sure where a particular subject should go as well as provide a home for broader conversation. As promised, the index found here will be cleaned up every now and again to keep Just Talk threads relatively current. And yes, bonus points go to the one who anticipated this subject line. (And that way we'll know someone read the How to Use this Site suggestions provided on the portal page.)

The new year begins ... let's get the conversation in gear, fruit growers!

Lost Nation Orchard
Zone 4b in New Hampshire

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2013 09:33AM by Michael Phillips.
Re: hostels in istanbul
May 10, 2013 09:25PM
Okay, I just joined and landed here first because I did read the How to use this site section and Istanbul is one of my favorite places in the world, although I have not stayed at a hostel there.

And as far as a segue goes, I was drawn to Turkey originally because I used to grow figs, prunes and peaches in the Central Valley of California and figs were our favorite. We had a running joke about going to find the "ancestral home of the fig" which was thought to be Smyrna Turkey (now called Izmir). Once I got there for the first time in 2004 we found out that it is actually the boast of a little town that is about an hour outside of Izmir called Aydin. In the center of town is a bronze statue more than 10 feet tall of a fig branch with figs!

This oddball obsession with fruit culture has lead me here, to the Holistic Orchard Network.

Zea

Fruitilicious Farm
Zone 9b in California
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login