Welcome! Log In Create A New Account

Advanced

Posts in Upcoming Events

Posted by Todd Parlo 
Posts in Upcoming Events
August 11, 2022 03:00PM
Lurking in our beloved HON site is an infrequently used, but very important section. Upcoming Events. Many of you out there presumably have an apple orchard. Perhaps you even sell things or hold events. Some may have something related to agriculture happening in their state. At least these are the rumors I have heard. Listing something to the wider appley public of something happening on your farm can be a way to build both the community and your bank account. If nothing is on your docket, I bet there are a lot of things about to happen in your neck of the woods. Late summer and fall are going to bring workshops, tastings, tours and events. By publicizing not just what you are doing but what your community is doing can help farmers, cidermakers, and even normal people. This is a way to build the local community, and many of us apple nerds will be willing to travel to see what you are doing out there in the beyond. Chatting online is great and all, but this is a way we can directly support each other, with publicity and boots on the ground.

Walden Heights Nursery & Orchard
Zone 3 in Vermont
Re: Posts in Upcoming Events
August 11, 2022 03:42PM
Thanks Todd, this is a very good reminder to all of us. And I will do it !
Re: Posts in Upcoming Events
August 11, 2022 08:04PM
Here is one that could be added:
[www.heartofellsworth.org]
I should be there to talk and sell books of Cider Planet.

Jolicoeur Orchard
Zone 4 in Quebec
Author, The New Cider Maker's Handbook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login