Welcome! Log In Create A New Account

Advanced

Celestia

Posted by Pat Pryal 
Celestia
May 18, 2016 03:31PM
Hi, anyone growing Celestia? I am looking for some summer budwood. I can get a bench graft from Southmeadow next year but would like to get some budded up this August.

thanks, Pat
Re: Celestia
May 26, 2016 12:42AM
We have 2 trees of Celestia that are 2 years old. We took wood off last winter to make more trees for ourselves and I don't know if they grew enough wood to send you. And I don't know how to make summer bud wood. But if you send exact instructions, I can check.

Fruitilicious Farm
Zone 9b in California
May 26, 2016 01:56PM
Hi, thanks for the reply. For summer budwood all you do is cut off a piece of this seasons growth in early August, snip off the leaves but leave a small piece of each leaf petiole, wrap the stick in a piece of damp paper towel and put them in a Ziploc bag and then send them out. The sticks can be cut in about 8" lengths. I could use about 3 sticks.

thanks again, Pat
September 26, 2016 08:44PM
I ate one of our 3 Celestia apples today. It was heavenly! I wish it was as easy to post a photo here as it is on Facebook.

Let's see... I just tried all the buttons above the window I'm typing in but none of them lead to photos. I guess I will go post it and one other on the Facebook page.

Fruitilicious Farm
Zone 9b in California
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login