Welcome! Log In Create A New Account

Advanced

RHAB ad nauseum

Posted by Joanne Corkum 
RHAB ad nauseum
May 23, 2021 07:04PM
We imported a whole slew of RHAB from a backyard nursery about 5 years ago....one of many mistakes we have made smiling smiley)

I have spent countless hours on my hands and knees tracking the little devils to their lairs and dispatching therm with either stiff wire or a good squirt of pyrethrins.

I have come to the conclusion that I may be losing the battle..to give you an idea we had 113 trees infested at the beginning. We may be down to 70 that are "occupied" at the moment. Some of the original ones have had their tenants successfully removed and are recovering and some are new occupations.

We do the holistic sprays plus we paint all the trunks with a Kaolin slurry in early June followed by 2 applications of Neem 1% directed at the trunks through the season.

I am wondering if there is one insecticide that would be more effective against this beetle than another? Should we be using Pyganic for instance against CM and hoping that it will get some RHAB as well? We use BT, Entrust and Virosoft in rotation routinely.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

G2V Farm
Zone 5B/6
Gaspereau Valley, Nova Scotia
Canada
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login